FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

A TO Z_ C is for ... AND the IWSG post



"Now, as always, life is a CONTEST of appetites."
- Turquoise Woman

The Scribbler and the Boxer are off to their own devices.  


And I? 

 I am the Turquoise Woman.


I look out from my consciousness surrounding this planet that is my body,

and my horizon spans the swimming bodies of my sisters 
who wheel in their sweeping dance of gravity about Father Sun. 
And you? 

You are songs unfinished.

Which is why I bother with you and those songs you compose.

My consciousness sprang from the wheels of force whose passings are the Northern Lights.

Your invention of language provided the prism which focused my consciousness.

So I will help you in your struggle to further shine that prism.
Selfish you say?
Indeed.  Most factors which drive intelligence are selfish. 


It is often said that you cannot tell a book from its COVER.

How silly.

From the robin to the peacock, the most colorful males garner the attention of prospective mates.

The same can be said for book covers.

The most eye-catching snares the eyes of prospective buyers.

If a browsing reader does not pick up your book or enters your Amazon page,

she will certainly never buy your book.

Take some of Roland's books which have the good taste to include me within their pages.


The song of your story is unfinished until you find willing eyes and ears to hear it.

Make your plumage as attractive as possible to help snare them.

What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. That's why I've always been happy with my cover. I think they are eye-catching. So are yours. Your artist is really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. It seems I missed the boat with signing up for the A TO Z with my workload. But I never let not being accepted stop me before!! The ghost of Mark Twain is the same. :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Leonora Roy thanks you for the compliment, Lee. :-)

      Delete
  3. Book covers certainly help me shop for my next read. :-)

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete