FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

FACE-TO-FACE NO MORE







"If Friends was created today, you would have a coffee shop full of people 

that were just staring into iPhones," Jennifer Aniston recently said in an interview.

Growing up, I was always told to take responsibility for my actions 

no matter how badly I wanted to avoid doing so.

I learned to deal with problems by speaking about them in person, and to form relationships face-to-face. 

What my childhood did not prepare me for 

was the impact technology would have on the way my generation communicates. 

Has it become the norm to confront others through text message?

 This is the age of the non-committal, unlabeled relationship. 

People meet and add each other on Snapchat, Facebook, or whatever chosen platform 

and proceed with minimal effort and maximum caution. 

Are we so busy texting that we have forgotten how to talk meaningfully to one another?

Face-to-face communication seems to have become a lost art.

What Do You Think? 

Are We So Connected
That We Are Alone?

 

1 comment:

  1. It's had an impact all right. Not only will the next generation have trouble communicating, they won't be able to spell either.

    ReplyDelete